Hurry up, for the next 48 hours ArenaNet is giving you the chance to become a beta tester for the upcoming Guild Wars 2! You’re not guaranteed a spot but its definitely worth a shot for fans of the game. Signing up is easy and painless. Be the envy of your friends and sign up here: https://beta.guildwars2.com/
Looking to hit AM2 this year but want to contribute your own touches to the show? Feeling up for helping con guests get around the floor the ACC? Check out their sign up page and see if you fall into their list for potential slots at the show this year.
AM2 sign up page – Volunteers / Staff
Odd enough the listing goes into deeper positions like marketing and pr as well as a huge list of guest assistance positions for all the events at the show.
Location: Anaheim, CA
Days: June 15-17, 2012
Venues: Anaheim Convention Center | Anaheim Hilton
March 23 brings the arrival of Kid Icarus on the 3DS, with over 2 decades between releases they have a lot of ground t cover, thankfully Nintendo has paid close attention and has a slew of modes and features to bring it up to current standards. With multiplayer modes like Light vs. Dark, Free-for-All and a wide array of weapons it’s hard to imagine putting this game down soon after the release. Check out the full list from the press release though for full details.
- Light vs. Dark: Team up with other players in Light vs. Dark multiplayer mode, in which two teams of three are pitted against one another. The ultimate goal is to empty the opposing team’s health meter, which transforms the last defeated team member into an angel. The team who defeats the opposing team’s angel wins. This unique multiplayer mode tests players’ ability to work as a team while keeping the match exciting as the focus constantly shifts from dealing out damage to protecting the team angel.
- Free-for-All: In this mode, up to six players (including CPU players) combat each other in a winner-takes-all match. Winners are determined by high score, heavily influenced by both the number of kills and the number of deaths.
- Match Set-up: Both Light vs. Dark and Free-for-All multiplayer modes are playable through local wireless play or online for players with broadband Internet access. CPU players will fill out the roster if there are fewer than six players in a match. Duration of the match, CPU difficulty, weapons and team handicaps are all customizable prior to beginning a multiplayer battle.
- Weapons and Weapon Fusion: The wide variety of weapons a player has collected in single-player mode can be used during multiplayer matches. Players can also earn additional weapons as rewards in multiplayer play. Players can choose set combinations of weapons and powers before entering into a match. This provides further incentive for players to continue collecting different and more powerful weapons as they play through the single-player campaign. Players can also fuse weapons together at the Arms Altar. Fusing two weapons will result in a single, more powerful weapon that retains some of the key benefits of each, giving players the ability to customize weapons to match their play style. Fused weapons can also be used in multiplayer matches.
- StreetPass: Through the StreetPass functionality of the Nintendo 3DS hardware, players have the ability to share one of their weapons with other Kid Icarus: Uprising owners. The selected weapon is turned into a Weapon Gem. Shared Weapon Gems can be converted into real weapons by paying Hearts. Players can also fuse Weapon Gems together by paying Hearts to create a more powerful Weapon.
Pre-order at GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon.com users will also get a bonus code for the original Kid Icarus game remastered in 3D when they pick up their game but only in the US so far.
2K and Gearbox dropped a huge announcement for shooting fans today, Borderlands 2 will hit the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC on September 21, 2012. Pre-order holders will also get access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club offering bonuses and rewarding in-game items including The Golden Key, the Gearbox Gun Pack and the Vault Hunter’s Relic.
All the mayhem and action returns with some extra boosts in Borderlands 2, 2K describes the action as “bigger, badder and more badass” with the new cast, environments and missions and enemies. Weapons, equipment and loot also take an overhaul and twist together to take Borderlands 2 to a new level. For those who like a few extra friends in battle, split-screen and dynamic join and drop options will keep the game thriving.
I can only say so many things about the game, in the end a trailer speaks louder than words. Here’s such a trailer. Now we just need to wait until September 18, 2012.