Going to Comic-Con this week? Capcom has tons of fun items in store for your SDCC weekend! Check out the press release below for all the details and we’ll see you guys at the show.
- STREET FIGHTER 25th Anniversary Celebration – It’s hard to believe that the world’s greatest fighting game franchise is 25 years old! Find out about the worldwide Street Fighter 25th Anniversary plans which include the ultimate Street Fightertournament series, the feature packed Collector’s Set, and more. Experience the exclusive features in the PS Vita and iOS versions of Street Fighter X Tekken and battle on the go! A few lucky fans will be selected to take part in the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Trivia Contest hosted by Tomoaki Ayano (Street Fighter X Tekken Producer for PS Vita) and Yoshinori Ono (Street Fighter Series Executive Producer) to win awesome prizes or face incredible shame before all of Street Fighterfandom! Plus, some surprises! Thursday July 12 6:00 – 7:00pm Room 6BCF
- The Fear and Horror of RESIDENT EVIL 6! – The latest installation of the blockbuster Resident Evil video game franchise arrives this October! Get a behind the scenes look of the most ambitious Capcom title to date from the dev team members Hiroyuki Kobayashi – Executive Producer and Yoshiaki Hirabayashi – Producer, plus Miguel Corti – Localization Director. Make sure to arrive early and receive access to exclusive information, live gameplay demos, a trailer premiere and some surprises! Q&A session to follow. Friday July 13 6:00 – 7:00pm Room 25ABC
- Westward bound. Capcom takes the Lost Planet and Devil May Cry franchises in exciting new directions by partnering with Western Development Partners. – Lost Planet 3 releases early next year with a gripping new storyline that provides fans with untold truths from previous Lost Planet games. Set in the frozen tundra of E.D.N. III, the game takes the franchise back to its roots, making gamers rethink everything they thought they knew about it. Come join Capcom producerAndrew Szymanski and a member of the development team from Spark Unlimited and “Go Beyond Survival!” DmC Devil May Cry Producer Motohide Eshiro and North American Producer Alex Jones along with series’ director Hideaki Itsuno bring you the ultimate stylish action game. Detailing Dante’s early years and set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cryretains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series. Come and witness Dante chain together combo after combo with panache as he dispatches the demonic spawn back to hell. See what the game has in store for you January 15, 2013. It’s time to “Face Your Demons”. Saturday July 14 12:30 – 1:30 in Room 24ABC
- The World of CAPCOM! – Moderator Francis Mao (CAPCOM) leads a panel of Capcom’s producers and product managers to share trailers and sneak peeks of all the hot, new upcoming Capcom games featuring Resident Evil 6, DmC Devil May Cry, Lost Planet 3, Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita) and more! Plus, a few surprises! Followed by a Q&A session. Saturday July 14 4:00 – 5:00pm Room 25ABC
- Play the upcoming 2012/2013 line-up of games before they come out in stores! Playable demos include: DmC Devil May Cry, Lost Planet 3, Okami HD, Resident Evil 6, Street Fighter X Tekken (PS Vita) and more!
- Capcom producers and artists will be hosting signing sessions at various times during the show.
- The Capcom store will once again offer special merchandise and limited edition items, in addition to the ever popular Grab Bag filled with awesome Capcom goodies.
- There will also be additional special promotions, photo opps, and giveaways galore, so attendees are encouraged to visit the booth often.
- The Capcom-Unity team will be live streaming video from the show. Exclusive updates, behind-the-scenes looks and special guests are planned throughout the duration of the convention. Please visit the site at http://www.capcom-unity.
com/and check back often for the latest content.