So Bethesda broke the game for a moment there but now it’s fixed or at least they’re hoping it’s all fixed again with today’s 1.3 patch for Skyrim. Xbox and Playstation users will need to hold out an extra few days as Sony and Microsoft run the patch through their approval systems, kind of a pain but it’s always that way for those platforms. PC users will notice it already loading over Steam as a game update and everything should be fine from there.
The total changelog is here:
Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)
- General stability improvements
- Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
- Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
- Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
- Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
- Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
- Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
The team also plans to address 4GB memory spaces officially, users having issues can already download a patch from Skyrim Nexus to attack this directly.