A source recently gave up the details on Dice/EA Elite style service for Battlefield 3. Source’s say that the “Battlefield Premium” will offer players unique in-game items such as new soldier camo patterns, weapon camo, black dog tag and personalization options, all this and more will be apparent on June 4 the day before E3
With Call of Duty Elite subscription service having 2 million subscribers Dice and EA would be crazy not to offer there own Elite service. Although Elite subscription hasn’t been confirm but only rumored for now a Premium subscription isn’t a bad idea! They already release a patch which gives players the option to pay $30 to unlock all items.
EA already hinted at this one but today we have video and details on the upcoming DLC package for Battlefield 3. Close Quarters acts exactly as noted and brings tight action to the game with new weapons and maps. For those who didn’t pre-order the game, this shouldn’t be any different from the Back to Karkand DLC pack that hit in December as it packs even more into an already expansive game.
Close Quarters going almost completely indoors is bound to bring up some tension, Ziba Tower is the demo video and honestly it’s beyond tense with destructive environments coming out of the woodwork. If you have a fear of heights or tight spaces this map will do anything but put those at ease. Explosions, damage and gunfire will keep anyone on edge as cover is shot to pieces of fragged into dust. It’s a sweet teaser for something coming out so far off in June, I’m sure we’ll have more glimpses as the DLC gets closer to release.
· Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat on 4 new maps
· HD Destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
· Earn 10 new weapons and bring them back to the base game
· Complete 10 new Assignments and equip 5 unique dog tags
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill key features
· All-out vehicle warfare on huge maps
· Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history
· New vehicles, including tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery
Battlefield 3: End Game is the final expansion slated for this Winter but they’re not speaking up on it yet. In the meantime check out the pricing details below and get saving for your next mission assignments.
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters information
· Publisher: Electronic Arts
· Developer: DICE
· Formats: PlayStation® 3, Xbox 360®, PC
· Release: June 2012 (1 week early access on PlayStation®3)
· Players: 2-16
· Rating: ESRB Mature 17+ / PEGI 16
· MSRP: $14.99 USD for PlayStation 3 and PC, 1200 MS Points