Yes it’s the fabled day, the end of the great sale of Steam. But it’s huge and you’re going to love what they just brought out.
Missed Skyrim? No problem. Missed Arkham City? No problem. Check out the list and feel the love.
As you can see, they’re blowing out as much crazy goodness as they can, you have another 3.5 hours to still get the games from yesterday too such as Hitman. Score up while you can, you wont see something remotely like this until the summer sale.
For final objectives, there are none, go out and capture everything you’ve missed!
Seriously today is one of the fun days of the sale, Hitman is sweet, GRID is a great racing title that Codemasters never followed up on and Magicka is just hillarious fun.
I’m not wasting time, GRID is great for racing fans, the mix of pro racing and pro-street racing cars in the game isn’t overkill but it satisfies the need for grip and drift racing. You can cut loose as you wish and still have a good time. Online might be a little dead though. Hitman is awesome, you can play it like you want and have fun with it in the process. No blood in your kills? No problem just lure them off a pier instead.
Dead Island is a great title to have as well, most of the bugs have been worked out and it’s a solid Zombie experience this year as it has little to compete with fortunately in that genre. LA Noire is on the scene, it’s a mixed bag but it’s a solid single playthrough experience. If you want replay value, you might have to look elsewhere.
Only one title to consider avoiding, Daggerdale. The reviews aren’t that pretty so buyer beware.
- Steam – Turn on Steam Guard
- Trine – Winter Secrets – Find the Academic, Bony and Crystalline holiday secret gifts.
- Hoard – Ruin Christmas – Incinerate 10 thieves who are dressed up like Santa’s elves!
- Bit.Trip Beat – Jingle.Bells – Make a bell chime in Descent
- Counter-Strike: Source – Valve Gift Grab 2011 – CS:S – Collect three gifts dropped by opponents.
- Magicka – Ice Age – It’s what killed the dinosaurs. Smash 100 frozen creatures to bits
We’re almost out of time, tomorrow we’ll have Day 14 as we join you in the new year!
We’re reaching the end here but the goodies keep falling into place, here we are with an epic showing.
The recommendations are pretty easy here as Tech2k would vouch, if you don’t have New Vegas… why not? GTA is a classic even though IV goes into way too serious of a game design, you can always get the ENB mod for San Andreas though and upgrade your experience heavily. Driver is a bit of a trip but if you like that go for it and Super Meat Boy is retro platform goodness.
Did I forget anything? Of course not, DEUS EX, it’s one of the most interesting titles of the year and visually stunning. A lot of time and care crafted the entire game and I have yet to experience it again in full DX11 mode. Make the time and play this game, especially for $16.99
Those who want the objectives, here’s the missions!
- Day of Defeat: Source – Valve Gift Grab 2011 – DoD:S – Collect three gifts dropped by opponents
- Super Meat Boy – The Golden Gift! – Complete all levels in “The Kids Xmas” chapter in super meat world IN ONE PLAY SESSION.
- Universe Sandbox – Snowball Earth – Freeze the Earth by moving further from the Sun
- Spacechem – Polar Expedition – Reach the south pole of Semimir IV
- Puzzle Agent 2 – Christmas Tree Census – Spend over $202,259 of taxpayer dollars; The number of Christmas trees cut in Minnesota in 2007 (Source: USDA)
- Flight Control HD – Snowball – Land 5 helicopters in a row on the Windy airfield
That’s all of the goods for today, Day 13 is tomorrow so I’ll see you then!
Today brings a tamer moment for buyers, Quake, Mafia, Dungeon Siege and Left 4 Dead round out some of the picks. Also for those who saw the sale page early, the out of region game was Two Tribes, the team has fixed the regional issue already.
Need some ideas on what to pick? You can’t go wrong with Mafia, if you’re a dungeon fan DS III is hard to pass up. If you want to relive your oldie days then grab Quake and if you’ve missed out on Left 4 Dead somehow then it’s time to catch up, you’ll get hours and hours worth of enjoyment out of all these on super cheap prices. Of course, if you’re a strategy fan you’ve most likely already played the Total War games and so it’s a waste to have to suggest them.
Your objectives for the day if you choose to select them…
- Steam – Link your Facebook account to Steam
- The Binding of Isaac – A gift from Krampus – Find Krampus in Satans room for a gift!
- Xotic – Brain Freeze – Found and destroyed a blue crystal orb brain
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Requiem of the Dead – Win a defensive siege battle with your daimyo during any winter turn.
- Men of War: Assault Squad – Crazy Scientist from the northern Arctic Cycle – Complete the bonus mission!
- Left 4 Dead 2 – Valve Gift Grab 2011 – L4D2 – Collect three gifts dropped by special infected in versus mode
We’re still rolling with the news until the sale is over, good luck to everyone and get on it for those objectives. If you meet the quota you could win the entire Steam catalog!
I seriously can’t think of how many times this sale has managed to one up itself, today we get another dose of goods and a lot of franchise sales again.
Looking for the best of the bunch? Dead Space, Assassin’s Creed, Serious Sam, Tomb Raider and Dungeon Defenders are great fun and on this much of a discount there’s little reason to skip past these titles.
Want the daily objectives? Fine here you go!
- Team Fortress 2 – Valve Gift Grab 2011 – TF2 – Collect 3 gifts dropped by opponents
- SPAZ / Space Pirates and Zombies – Santa’s Little Helper – Feed Santa so much milk and cookies that an elf falls off his sleigh
- Revege of the Titans – Drunken Family Argument – Hurrah! Christmas is finally over!
- Serious Sam 3: BFE – Christmas in Cairo – Decorate the Christmas tree
- Dungeon Defenders – Jingled all the Way – Delivered all the presents, and saved Santa Tavernkeep from the vile clutches of Mega-Snowman in the ‘Etherian Holiday Extravaganza Challenge Mission’!
- Sanctum – Festivus for the rest of us – Collect 10 presents
That’s all of it for today, stay tuned for Day11 tomorrow and get in on the goods while you can, we’re almost out of sale days!
If your wallet has survived this long you’re either rich or very picky about what you buy. Either way, welcome back and let’s get started.
So if you’ve managed this long you’re probably broke after this. 66% off Warhammer, Terraria <- Why don’t you have that already? F.E.A.R. is a good one if you do the first two, 3 can be hit and miss. Star Wars is a biggie, Prince of Persia is crazy especially if you download the HD packs for the game and Gothic is a nice topper.
Seriously though, if you haven’t gotten Terraria, do it now while you can! After that, check out the objectives.
- Steam – Write a recommendation – Write a recommendation for a game you own
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! – I have come to the point in my life where I appreciate Christmas mall music – get 4 stars on all the levels in the freeeee Christmas Mall Music pack.
- Solar 2 – Snowflake Star – Get 4 points in the star challenge mission “Snowball Fight”
- Sequence – Yet, I love the holidays – Defeat the holiday whompa
- Cities in Motion – Winter Wonder – Transport 1000 passengers during November, December and January of any year
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution – Winter Assault – Play for a total of 30 minutes against a human opponent on: Ice Station Obelis, Selenon Fissure or Argent Shelf
Not terrible but the AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! objective actually gets cut off on the Steam page, good luck and see you tomorrow for day 10!
So we’re back, Day 8, tons of casualties so far and the sale machine keeps going strong. Today we have a new assortment that many will find attractive. Without any other jabbering on…
What to buy? Far Cry is a staple in the FPS genre, while Crytek made the first game and Ubi had a new team do the sequel the games are still amazing examples of technical achievement. Worms is a classic to pass the day with fun strategy gaming and Kings Bounty handles the more hardcore elements.
While normally that’s it, Beat Hazard is a sweet deal, Rock of ages is a blast, Bastion has gotten so much praise this year it’s crazy and Red Faction and Bulletstorm will have you gaming for months to come.
It’s hard to pass up anything in this batch but if your’e budgeting time go for what looks to fit your desires best. Also, some of the franchise bundles are a steal right now.
Need the daily objectives?
- Rusty Hearts – All I want for Christmas is sewers – Complete the quest “A simple task” from technical officer Ryan
- A Game of Thrones – Genesis – Winter is coming – Play as the Starks an entire multiplayer game or vs AI
- Beat Hazard – Survive Christmas 10 – In survival mode, last 10 minutes while playing to a Christmas Radio Station
- Rock of Ages – Snowball War – Win a match using the Snowball boulder
- Bastion – Ride the wind – Use the Skyway in the Wharf District
- Worms Reloaded – 12 days of winterval – Deal exactly 12 damage to a worm with 100 health
Good luck, good gaming and I’ll see you tomorrow for day 9
Merry Christmas to all! Here’s the deals of the day
Objectives for the day:
- Steam – Have 10 items on your wishlist
- Nuclear Dawn – Bad Santa – Kill a commander in silo during the 2011 winter sale
- X3: Albion Prelude – It’s cold outside – Force a pilot to eject from his ship
- Killing Floor – A Bloody Christmas Carol
- Demolition Inc – Cap Jump I – You jumped 400m
- Atom Zombie Smasher – KringleJammer – Defeat Wave 7 in the KringleJammer mini-game
Sorry for the brief update but it’s a busy day, I’ll add some extra flair tomorrow and I think it’s clear that Batman, Fallout, MW3, Alice and X3 and even FM2012 are the biggest features for the day and part of the highlight reel for the sale.
Yep I blew it already, Skyrim is 33% off today and you know it’s gonna sell like mad. Here’s the list, I know you don’t really need any other offers to motivate you.
You get a lot of deals today but it feels like they padded for Skyrim so other games wouldn’t feel left out of the mix. Personally I might hit the Tom Clancy stuff given that I have Skyrim already, maybe Borderlands finally as well or Prototype.
For those hunting goodies check out these objectives for the day.
- Crimecraft Gangwars – Snow Ballin’ – Earn a total of 200 points from snow brawl matches
- Hard Reset – Blizzard (Special) – Kill 50 enemies with electricity
- Jamestown – With your nose so bright… – Complete any mission playing as the red charge ship
- Wings of Prey – It’s Winter! – Complete any mission on winter locations
- Renegade Ops – Naughty or Nice – Receive a present from Santa Claus in Coldstrike DLC
- And Yet It Moves – Shown White – Ride on a severed branch in chapter two for 20 meters without touching the ground.
Good luck and good deals, I’ll still be reporting tomorrow on the Christmas day sale to see what pops up.
Yesterday was a bit of a slow point for Steam on their sale day, today they manage to completely reverse that with a huge burst of momentum and awesome. Check out the goodies below.
Seriously, Saints DiRT, RAGE, AVP, Frozen Synapse, From Dust and more… that’s a really good haul especially with DiRT 3 at its lowest price this year I believe.
Need your daily in for objectives?
- Steam – Get what you want – Trade! (Make a trade with a friend)
- E.Y.E. – The Gift (Pick up the gift)
- Frozen Synapse – Now I have a machine gun. Ho Ho Ho. – Play instant skirmish and win with only your machine gunner alive.
- Audiosurf – Candy Stripe – Make a candy stripe
- Greed Corp – Walking in a winter wonderland – Win a match in a snow map in either campaign or battle
- Fate of the World – Let it glow – Plunge the world into global thermonuclear war by 2075
Thankfully those objective titles are also on sale for around $2.50 making it not so painful to invest in. Remember there’s a big contest coming on Jan 2nd for those who do jump through all the hoops!