The kind fellows at Zelda Informer have stumbled upon a gem for those hitting game breaking issues in Skyward Sword on the Wii. Anytime this happens it usually means the save file is corrupt or ruined making it impossible to continue on. PS3 gamers saw a similar issue in Eye of the North last month which makes this the start of a scary trend.
Nintendo does have a solution of sorts though and I’m quoting the sequence below. Hopefully this spares some gamers that haven’t reached the broken area yet, personally I haven’t started Skyward Sword yet but I do plan to use this to avoid losing my entire save progress.
1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon’s event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon’s song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
I wish I had a better answer, but I’m afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.
As the last section notes, there is no real solution for the issue now, they will most likely have to press a new batch of games with the bug instance corrected but it will likely not reverse the issue for those hit with it now.