Awesome news for DJ Hero and Guitar Hero fans, the latest DLC update this week brings some new faces into the mix. Lets check out the mixes.
DJ Hero – Dance Party Mix
- Lady Gaga – Poker Face vs Duran Duran – Girls On Film
- Pussycat Dolls – Buttons vs Rihanna – S.O.S.
Guitar Hero – Pop 1 Track Pack
- Lady Gaga – Just Dance
- Maroon 5 – This Love
- Owl City – Fireflies
Not the biggest track pack around for Guitar Hero, for DJ Hero fans the latest mash-ups should provide challenges and mixing fun while scratching to perfection.
The Beatles are blowing up with more info for Rock Band fans this week, 19 new tracks on the upcoming themed game arrive with matching venues for the tracks.
* “Boys” / Cavern Club
* “A Hard Day’s Night” / Ed Sullivan Theater
* “I’m Looking Through You” / Shea Stadium
* “If I Needed Someone” / Shea Stadium
* “Ticket to Ride” / Shea Stadium
* “Drive My Car” / Budokan
* “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Getting Better” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Good Morning” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Hello, Goodbye” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Hey Bulldog” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Dear Prudence” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Helter Skelter” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Something” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Come Together” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Don’t Let Me Down” / Rooftop Concert
* “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” / Rooftop Concert
* “I Me Mine” / Rooftop Concert
The game itself is stacking up to be a great experience, people can team up in game for up to 6 players including the three way vocal section of the game. Personally it would have been great to see a full band setup with Lead / Rhythm and Bass as well as drums since that’s how they did it as a band but I guess we’ll have to wait until Harmonix finds a way to make it work. Unfortunately Guitar Hero 5 will be featuring just that which is a bit disappointing.
The game is almost set to launch this September, hopefully we’ll be able to do some impressions on the game when it arrives.
Guitar Hero is a title that keeps expanding each year, they throw more exclusive artists into the mix and keep trying to work the play as your rock hero angle of things. Today the company announces that Johnny Cash has been added to the roster for the latest in the series. Players will be able to play “Ring Of Fire” and unlock his likeness through the marketplace.
As cool as the game sounds with all these unique licenses and songs, I still can’t bring myself to want to get the game, something about the design feels clunky and even though I started on Guitar Hero, I can’t help but be a Rock Band addict for my music gaming needs. The store is easy to use, the character creation is in-depth and the song selection is great with additions like the Rancid track pack and the upcoming marketplace to introduce all independent artists to the game.
The Man in Black would be amazing to play but honestly I’ll have to miss out on that one, GH5 would need a lot more to move me over.