Harmonix has a first look at Rock Band Blitz. The game is a bit of a departure from the last iterations. Rather than banging on your plastic instruments or trying to learn how to play a real one, The focus went in a different way. If you were a fan of frequency, you will recognize the note matching roller coaster game play, although with two buttons instead.
The best part is that all of your existing RB library of songs are fully compatible. Also, the game will come with 20 new jams. With leader boards, this is a great way to add not only life to your downloads but add a few new favorites hopefully.
DLC is always a sketchy thing for Rock Band, sometimes a player gets some great artists and other times it makes you regret even looking. This week a few personal favorites arrived on the DLC slated for next week.
· Billy Idol – “Mony Mony”
· Billy Idol – “Rebel Yell”
· Fleetwood Mac – “Don’t Stop”
· Fleetwood Mac – “World Turning”
· Jet – “She’s a Genius”
· Tom Petty – “I Won’t Back Down”
· Tom Petty – “Runnin’ Down a Dream”
Billy Idol is great and the fact that I can destroy my vocal chords trying to sing like him in any capacity is just a good time waiting to happen. 😀 Look for these tracks next Tuesday in the Rock Band Store.
Today from Gamescom 2009 Harmonix and MTV Games reveals the latest info for The Beatles: Rock Band, to help stomp out ponderings they do have a DLC model setup and it’s pretty epic, the company plans to include Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road within months of the release of the game. Check out the full track listing.
Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks
· “Come Together”
· “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
· “Oh! Darling”
· “Octopus’s Garden”
· “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)”
· “Here Comes The Sun”
· “You Never Give Me Your Money”
· “Sun King”
· “Mean Mr. Mustard”
· “Polythene Pam”
· “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
· “Golden Slumbers”
· “Carry That Weight”
· “The End”
· “Her Majesty” Continue reading Harmonix busts out with The Beatles: Rock Band DLC
The Beatles are blowing up with more info for Rock Band fans this week, 19 new tracks on the upcoming themed game arrive with matching venues for the tracks.
* “Boys” / Cavern Club
* “A Hard Day’s Night” / Ed Sullivan Theater
* “I’m Looking Through You” / Shea Stadium
* “If I Needed Someone” / Shea Stadium
* “Ticket to Ride” / Shea Stadium
* “Drive My Car” / Budokan
* “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Getting Better” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Good Morning” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Hello, Goodbye” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Hey Bulldog” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Dear Prudence” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Helter Skelter” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Something” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Come Together” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
* “Don’t Let Me Down” / Rooftop Concert
* “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” / Rooftop Concert
* “I Me Mine” / Rooftop Concert
The game itself is stacking up to be a great experience, people can team up in game for up to 6 players including the three way vocal section of the game. Personally it would have been great to see a full band setup with Lead / Rhythm and Bass as well as drums since that’s how they did it as a band but I guess we’ll have to wait until Harmonix finds a way to make it work. Unfortunately Guitar Hero 5 will be featuring just that which is a bit disappointing.
The game is almost set to launch this September, hopefully we’ll be able to do some impressions on the game when it arrives.