Hasbro, DeNA and IDW Publishing today announced a collaboration to bring Dark Cybertron to life in a new interactive experience for the action-packed mobile card battle game TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS. Fans that play the TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS in-game episode that starts on February 5 and runs through February 11 will gain free access to a special edition Dark Cybertron comic from IDW Publishing, in addition to exclusive discounts on select TRANSFORMERS action figures from Hasbro featured in the Dark Cybertron story, such as ARMADA STARSCREAM and SKYWARP. Continue reading Hasbro, DeNA, and IDW Publishing the Ultimate Fan Experience for TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS’ Dark Cybertron
While they aren’t full on Comic-Con exclusives, they are available early. Each of the following toys will be available in the months to come at Toys “R” Us stores nationwide but Comic-Con is the only place to get em’ early! Pick them up at the Entertainment Earth Booth (#2343).
- Comic Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope DVD with Morgan Spurlock and Joss Whedon Mini Figures. The figures are made by NECA and this is your first chance to have Joss Whedon in figure form for the first time! $30
- Classic Masked Predator Cloaked Action Figure. NECA does it again, this 8″ figure is fully articulated and comes with accessories. $20
- Just Us League of Stupid Heroes Batman and Robin 2-Pack by DC Direct. Mad Magazine’s poster boy, Alfred E. Neuman gives us his take on The Dynamic Duo. $50
- X-Factor Collector Pack. This six piece set from Hasbro includes Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Iceman, Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. Each figure is 3 3/4″ tall and comes in a package featuring art from X-Factor #1. $50
- My Little Pony Zecora. This glow in the dark pony from Hasbro will cost $10.
- Winx Club Princess Bloom Doll from Jakks Pacific. This 11 1/2″ doll is articulated and glittery. $30
- Regular Show Mordecai from Jazzwares. Comes with sketch book. $15
- Adventure Time Finn and Fiona from Jazzwares. 2″ tall and wearing their talent badges, these guys will run $15 for the set.
- Halo 4 Master Chief by McFarlane. $15
- The Hobbit Invisible Bilbo. The 6″ figure is arriving just in time for The Hobbit, comes in a numbered collector’s edition box. Price TBA.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Donatello, Raphael, Michaelangelo, and Leonardo have a new look in honor of their new Nickelodeon series. They are available individually for $30 or you can get the set for $100
Activision’s full E3 Slate Includes:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II – The most groundbreaking and ambitious Call of Duty to date, Call of Duty: Black Ops II pushes the boundaries of the record-setting franchise and will turn the future black for everyone worldwide on November 13th. Set in the year 2025, Call of Duty: Black Ops II propels players into a near-future, introducing them to a fiction that is taking root in today’s headlines. Advanced weaponry, robotics and drone warfare define the battle space and challenges players to ask, “What happens when someone steals the keys” and turns our greatest strengths into our greatest weaknesses? Strike Force Levels bring a fresh take on single-player missions, introducing players to sandbox-style gameplay and branching storylines for the first time in franchise history. With equally ambitious Zombies and multiplayer modes yet to be unveiled, Call of Duty: Black Ops II delivers the complete package, offering fans the most expansive Call of Duty experience ever. (Developed by Treyarch for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
Skylanders Giants – Skylanders Giants builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™—merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toys with “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands. Using the mystical Portal of Power®, players once again lead a team of heroic Skylanders in a new adventure to save their world. Portal Masters will journey through new areas of Skylands, encountering new enemies, solving fun puzzles, overcoming different hazards and obstacles, and finding a variety of collectable rewards and treasure. Skylanders Giants introduces sixteen new characters to build on the magic of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventures, including super-sized giants with powers to match, as well as the new LightCore™ Skylanders that light-up in the game and in the real-world as players transport them to Skylands using the Portal of Power. Additionally, the game features new Hero Challenges, more Battle Mode gameplay, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and Skylanders UniverseSM. (Developed by Toys for Bob for Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Windows PC and mobile devices; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON – TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON allows players to experience the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they vie for control of their dying home world. Fans will fight through both sides of the TRANSFORMERS’ most epic battles that culminate in their legendary exodus from CYBERTRON. With the stakes higher than ever, players will embark on an action-packed journey through massive, war-torn environments designed around each character’s unique abilities and alternate forms, including GRIMLOCK’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary COMBATICONS combining into the colossal BRUTICUS. Taking the franchise’s competitive multiplayer to all-new heights, TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRONlets fans go head-to-head in blistering AUTOBOT vs. DECEPTICON matches after creating their own unique characters with the most in-depth, advanced customization ever before seen in a TRANSFORMERS game. Additionally, High Moon Studios is announcing at E3 that they have listened to the passionate PC fans and have been working closely with fellow developer Mercenary Technology to create a PC sku that will launch day and date with the console versions on August 28. (Developed by High Moon Studios for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and by Mercenary Technology for Windows PC; rated “T” for Teen on all platforms by the ESRB.)
The Amazing Spider-Man™ – Go beyond Sony Picture Entertainment’s Columbia Pictures feature film and find out what happens next in The Amazing Spider-Manvideo game, which brings Spider-Man’s free-roaming, web-slinging action back to New York City. Players take on the role of a young Peter Parker discovering his new Spider-Man powers and added Super Hero responsibilities, using the game’s innovative Web Rush mechanic to swing freely around Manhattan, combat a variety of criminal activities and take on classic Marvel Super Villains, such as Rhino, Iguana, Felicia Hardy and more. Set against an original story crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (Spartacus: Vengeance, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Battlestar Galactica) that takes place entirely after the events of the upcoming feature film,The Amazing Spider-Man video game delivers an immersive and cinematic adventure allowing players to truly harness the power of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. (Developed by Beenox for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Wii, and Nintendo 3DS, with a Windows PC version slated for release later in the year; developed by Other Ocean for Nintendo DS™; rated “T” for Teen on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii and “E10+” on Nintendo DS by the ESRB.)
007™ Legends – Celebrating the Bond franchise’s 50th anniversary, the latest instalment in the video game series – 007 Legends – launches gamers back through time to relive a selection of James Bond’s iconic and intense undercover missions from the popular films. A first-of-its-kind Bond video game, 007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together five classic Bond movie-inspired missions plus a sixth mission based on this year’s highly-anticipated movie – SKYFALL – which will be available post launch as free downloadable content, to offer the most diverse Bond gaming experience yet! Delivering the action that gamers expect from a Bond game, 007 Legends equips players with state-of-the-art spy gadgets, an arsenal of weapons, and sleek vehicles as they jet off to exotic locations and utilize Bond’s unmatched combat abilities, quick wits, class and style to take down notorious villains and their brutal henchmen and perform impressive stunts. (Developed by Eurocom for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse – Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse features an all-new original narrative which is an expansion on the popular episode, “Road to the Multiverse”, turning the outrageous world of Family Guy into an action-packed video game filled with nods to the long-running comedy. Playing as either Stewie or Brian, each with unique abilities and weapons, players will battle their favorite Family Guy characters as they advance through ‘Multiverse’ themed levels in their pursuit to battle Stewie’s evil twin, Bertram, who has returned and is hell-bent on destroying Quahog. Fans will also be able to team up in co-op multiplayer mode or compete against each other in competitive multiplayer levels – all with a Family Guy twist. (Developed by Heavy Iron for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
It’s almost that time of year again where deodorant is sparse and perspiration is aplenty. Comic-Con is right around the corner, July 21st to the 24th to be exact. There is some news, although undoubtedly, over the next few weeks more news will surface and we will quickly see how in debt we will be by the end of July!
The most buzzed about so far has to be Hasbro’s Cobra Commander and Starscream exclusive. You read that right, G.I. Joe AND Transformers all in one! Cobra Commander flying around in Starscream, crossin’ over just blowing everyone’s mind. The price for this has yet to be released but chances are it’s not going to be cheap.
“That’ s no moon, it’s a space station.” Well, not quite but its still pretty cool. Hasbro is also releasing a gigantic Deathstar. The Deathstar is really just the box, inside the awesome box are 12 Star Wars figures. These are not your run of the mill “Return of the Jedi” figures, they are “Revenge of the Jedi” figures. Hasbro has been releasing a retro Stars Wars line for awhile now and these are obviously in line with that. The line for this exclusive will be around the entire convention center (maybe I exaggerate) so get it if you can!
Mattel is offering everyone’s favorite part of a S’more, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. This guy is huge, 20”, and super adorable. He is a bit pricey, $70, but c’mon he’s the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!! Those who not be attending Comic-Con are not out of luck, Mattel always offers their exclusives(after the convention ends) on their website mattycollector.com for those who are not able to attend the convention.
- Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber-$20.00
- Hot Wheels Back to the Future vehicle (still being kept under wraps)-$35.00
- Hot Wheels Franken Berry Vehicle-$20.00
- DC Universe Swamp Thing (Con exclusive comes with 2 mini-figures)-$30.00
- Voltron-Blazing Sword Voltron-$30.00
- Masters of the Universe Classics Polly Pocket 3 figures-$20.00
- Masters of the Universe Classics Queen Marlena-$25.00
- Green Lantern Kilowog-$25.00
- Green Lantern Carol Ferris Barbie-$35.00
- Monster High Ghoulia Yelps-$20.00
- World War Robot Heavy Bramble Limited run of 300 -$65.00
- Gremlins Gizmo Comic-Con Edition with accesories-$?
Entertainment Earth: Booth #2343 These can be bought at the convention or can be pre-ordered at entertainmentearth.com
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who 4th Doctor and Sontaran 8”-$39.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who 8HYPERLINK “http://www.bifbangpow.com/2011/05/2011-comic-con-exclusive-5-6-and-7.html””HYPERLINK “http://www.bifbangpow.com/2011/05/2011-comic-con-exclusive-5-6-and-7.html” Master and Cyberleader-$39.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who Tardis Bobble-$21.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Lost Polar Bear Bobble-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Venture Bros. Rusty and Jonas Venture Sr with tin tote-$44.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Dexter 3 3/4″-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Icons of the Twighlight Zone bobble-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Twilight Zone 8″ Bob Wilson and Don Carter 2pack-$32.99
- Marvel Legends Modern Heroic Age Thor 6″-$?
- Dark Purple Sentinel-$?
- Indiana Jones Figure Gift Set (includes Indiana Jones, Toht, Marion, Satipo, Indiana Jones with German Disguise, and German Mechanic)-$?
- 12″ G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper-$129.99 Available for Attendees Pre-Order here – Non-Attendees Pre-Order hereHYPERLINK “http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100021”.
- AVP Predator Mask Set-Prop Replica-Attendee Pre-Order May 26th 10:00a.m. PT- Non-Attendee Pre-Order May 27th 10:00a.m. PT-$?
- Clone Commander 1/6 Scale Figure-Attendee Pre-Order June 2nd 10:00a.m. PT- Non-Attendee Pre-Order June 3rd 10:00a.m. PT-$?
- Iron Man Bust Set-Prop Replica-Attendee Pre-Order June 9th 10:00a.m PT-Non-Attendee Pre-Order June 10th 10:00a.m. PT-$?
I will be updating as more news comes in!
I stumbled across the greatest team up in documented history. Pb and J are blown out of the water by This completely awesome pairing.
Of course I am talking about Hasbro and Marvel.
Anyone born in the 80’s was raised on a steady diet of ghost busters, transformers and GI Joe. Of the three, GI Joe by far had the most action pose potential. Marvel toys were never the most agile of figures. They moved like they had all four limbs in a cast. And then over starched their undies.
For years kids just used the Joes and pretended they were comic heroes.
Hasbro had the GI Joe license and the Marvel line was handled by Toy Biz. Hasbro had the superior play quality and Toy biz had the detail… but it was like playing with a detailed block of wood.
Action figure collector’s prayers have been answered. Hasbro unveiled it’s Marvel Universe line of figures.
Look at that maneuverability!
The first wave includes:
* Human Torch
* Translucent Burning Human Torch
* Extremsis Iron Man
* Stealth Iron-Man
* The Punisher V1
* Silver Surfer
* Classic Spider-Man
* Wolverine (X-Force)
That is a very nice first wave to start your collection. Finally Iron-Man can take down cobra!