Today brings a tamer moment for buyers, Quake, Mafia, Dungeon Siege and Left 4 Dead round out some of the picks. Also for those who saw the sale page early, the out of region game was Two Tribes, the team has fixed the regional issue already.
Need some ideas on what to pick? You can’t go wrong with Mafia, if you’re a dungeon fan DS III is hard to pass up. If you want to relive your oldie days then grab Quake and if you’ve missed out on Left 4 Dead somehow then it’s time to catch up, you’ll get hours and hours worth of enjoyment out of all these on super cheap prices. Of course, if you’re a strategy fan you’ve most likely already played the Total War games and so it’s a waste to have to suggest them.
Your objectives for the day if you choose to select them…
- Steam – Link your Facebook account to Steam
- The Binding of Isaac – A gift from Krampus – Find Krampus in Satans room for a gift!
- Xotic – Brain Freeze – Found and destroyed a blue crystal orb brain
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Requiem of the Dead – Win a defensive siege battle with your daimyo during any winter turn.
- Men of War: Assault Squad – Crazy Scientist from the northern Arctic Cycle – Complete the bonus mission!
- Left 4 Dead 2 – Valve Gift Grab 2011 – L4D2 – Collect three gifts dropped by special infected in versus mode
We’re still rolling with the news until the sale is over, good luck to everyone and get on it for those objectives. If you meet the quota you could win the entire Steam catalog!
While Quake Live just went to a pay to play model, much of the mass audience hasn’t bothered to upgrade to it from the existing free play mode. To move people on the idea of paying $1.99 a month they’ve gone ahead with their latest campaign. From now through the 26th Quake Live Premium membership perks will be enabled to all who want to get their hands on it. As a bonus those who purchase memberships will gain an additional month of access if they do it during this promotion.
For those wondering what bonuses the Premium account brings, check out the list.
• Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
• An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode;
• Exclusive premium level awards;
• Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans;
• Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper; and
• Match statistics stored for six months.
For more information check out Quake Live
ID throws a brick into the magic machine and comes out with two subscription packages to join the Quake Live free-to-play experience, well that seems to be the initial feeling about things. They are trying to make the transition smooth for those who want more updates and features, the Premium subscription will run 23.88 a year (1.99 a month) for the following.
20 Premium only maps with more on the way, these include new maps and player requested maps from previous games
‘Freeze Tag’ game mode
Exclusive premium level awards
Clan creation and recruitment
Custom Quake Live wallpaper
Match statistics stored for six months
Pro users get a step up paying $47.88 a year (3.99 a month)
Start your own game server, specify location and set your game mode and anyone who want to join
Invite up to three friends with standard/free memberships to play on any premium map
Exclusive Pro Awards
Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans
Match statistics stored for 12 months
This also means that Pro users do inherit the perks from premium level accounts as well, no news is out if Pro players will get special maps of their own in the future. For double the price it seems like it should be the case.