WonderCon 2012: Cosplay galore!
It’s almost that time of year again where deodorant is sparse and perspiration is aplenty. Comic-Con is right around the corner, July 21st to the 24th to be exact. There is some news, although undoubtedly, over the next few weeks more news will surface and we will quickly see how in debt we will be by the end of July!
The most buzzed about so far has to be Hasbro’s Cobra Commander and Starscream exclusive. You read that right, G.I. Joe AND Transformers all in one! Cobra Commander flying around in Starscream, crossin’ over just blowing everyone’s mind. The price for this has yet to be released but chances are it’s not going to be cheap.
“That’ s no moon, it’s a space station.” Well, not quite but its still pretty cool. Hasbro is also releasing a gigantic Deathstar. The Deathstar is really just the box, inside the awesome box are 12 Star Wars figures. These are not your run of the mill “Return of the Jedi” figures, they are “Revenge of the Jedi” figures. Hasbro has been releasing a retro Stars Wars line for awhile now and these are obviously in line with that. The line for this exclusive will be around the entire convention center (maybe I exaggerate) so get it if you can!
Mattel is offering everyone’s favorite part of a S’more, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. This guy is huge, 20”, and super adorable. He is a bit pricey, $70, but c’mon he’s the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!! Those who not be attending Comic-Con are not out of luck, Mattel always offers their exclusives(after the convention ends) on their website mattycollector.com for those who are not able to attend the convention.
- Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber-$20.00
- Hot Wheels Back to the Future vehicle (still being kept under wraps)-$35.00
- Hot Wheels Franken Berry Vehicle-$20.00
- DC Universe Swamp Thing (Con exclusive comes with 2 mini-figures)-$30.00
- Voltron-Blazing Sword Voltron-$30.00
- Masters of the Universe Classics Polly Pocket 3 figures-$20.00
- Masters of the Universe Classics Queen Marlena-$25.00
- Green Lantern Kilowog-$25.00
- Green Lantern Carol Ferris Barbie-$35.00
- Monster High Ghoulia Yelps-$20.00
- World War Robot Heavy Bramble Limited run of 300 -$65.00
- Gremlins Gizmo Comic-Con Edition with accesories-$?
Entertainment Earth: Booth #2343 These can be bought at the convention or can be pre-ordered at entertainmentearth.com
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who 4th Doctor and Sontaran 8”-$39.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who 8HYPERLINK “http://www.bifbangpow.com/2011/05/2011-comic-con-exclusive-5-6-and-7.html””HYPERLINK “http://www.bifbangpow.com/2011/05/2011-comic-con-exclusive-5-6-and-7.html” Master and Cyberleader-$39.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Doctor Who Tardis Bobble-$21.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Lost Polar Bear Bobble-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Venture Bros. Rusty and Jonas Venture Sr with tin tote-$44.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Dexter 3 3/4″-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Icons of the Twighlight Zone bobble-$14.99
- Bif Bang Pow!-Twilight Zone 8″ Bob Wilson and Don Carter 2pack-$32.99
- Marvel Legends Modern Heroic Age Thor 6″-$?
- Dark Purple Sentinel-$?
- Indiana Jones Figure Gift Set (includes Indiana Jones, Toht, Marion, Satipo, Indiana Jones with German Disguise, and German Mechanic)-$?
- 12″ G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper-$129.99 Available for Attendees Pre-Order here – Non-Attendees Pre-Order hereHYPERLINK “http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100021”.
- AVP Predator Mask Set-Prop Replica-Attendee Pre-Order May 26th 10:00a.m. PT- Non-Attendee Pre-Order May 27th 10:00a.m. PT-$?
- Clone Commander 1/6 Scale Figure-Attendee Pre-Order June 2nd 10:00a.m. PT- Non-Attendee Pre-Order June 3rd 10:00a.m. PT-$?
- Iron Man Bust Set-Prop Replica-Attendee Pre-Order June 9th 10:00a.m PT-Non-Attendee Pre-Order June 10th 10:00a.m. PT-$?
I will be updating as more news comes in!
Those who are already battling it out in the War for Cybertron should plan on boosting this weekend. Activision is rolling out a Double XP weekend similar to the COD franchise from July 2nd through the 4th. Anyone battling it out on the 360, Playstation 3 or PC will be able to power level to glory.
Activision has some background for those unfamiliar with the latest installment.
Transformers: War for Cybertron challenges players to become the ultimate weapon as a TRANSFORMERS character in the final, epic war that will determine the survival of their entire race. Armed with a diverse arsenal of lethal, high-tech weaponry and the ability to instantly convert from robot to vehicle at any time, players will engage in heart-pounding battles on land and in the air in this gripping, 3rd person action shooter set in the TRANSFORMERS’ war-ravaged homeland. Complete with several multiplayer modes, Transformers: War for Cybertron allows gamers to play through story missions with their friends in drop in/drop out online co-op, and also create their own TRANSFORMERS character for competitive head-to-head multiplayer modes, choosing among four distinct character classes, personalizing its look and selecting from a huge variety of weapons, skills and abilities.