Killing Floor Holiday updates and Free-to-Play Weekend arrive
The holidays are here and it’s time to get busy, while all the new releases slow down the team at Tripwire are here to bring Twisted Christmas 2 over for all the good little Killing Floor players from December 7th through January 4th. Packing new levels, music, and of course weapons it will keep players busy for the next month. To help stimulate the servers the game is also going on a free weekend on Steam from December 8th to the 11th so anyone can get a shot at all the new holiday goodness and the classic holiday enemies making a return.
For those curious on some details for the Twisted Christmas 2 event we have a few tidbits to share.
Making a return
- Christmas enemies (replacing standard models)
- Santa’s Evil Lair (Map)
- Baddest Santa (character unlock)
New additions for the Holiday Update
- New achievements for 2011
- The Ice Cave (Map)
- Steampunk 2 DLC pack
- The Sharpshooter gets a shiny .44 Magnum revolver – good for dual-wielding for even more stopping power.
- The Commando picks up a US Army surplus M-4 Carbine, with a nice, new red dot sight fitted.
- For Demolitions, we’ve removed the sight and added the under-slung M-203 single shot grenade launcher. Wonderful all-purpose weapon!
- Support Specialists can get their hands on a semi-automatic combat shotgun.
- Berserkers can go all Scottish, with a massive two-handed Claymore. Perfect for the holiday season…
- Following on from Horzine’s earlier experiments with healing darts, they have now provided the Medic with an MP5 machine pistol, mounting a dart-firing device.
- Ripped from the arm of a dead Husk the Firebug gets his asbestos-covered hands on the fireball launching Huskgun!!! Charge this baby up and watch the zeds explode in a ball of flames!
Tripwire does warn that Baddest Santa will only be unlockable during this event so try to not miss out, with this being the second shot at obtaining him this might be a last shot at the unlock. If you’re curious for more information about killing floor check out the Holiday 2011 page.