HTC announces the One series at MWC 2012
Yesterday HTC unleashed the One series to the world, a next-gen phone for the company delivering a focus on user experience as they maximize their smartphone in everyday use. The series will come in 3 variants for users to pick from, each of them addressing the needs of their targeted demographics, there’s a list below but we’ll talk about the upcoming features to these ICS powered phones carrying HTC Sense 4.
ImageSense is a new platform delivering improved sensors, lenses and software to their line of phones. This feels like a natural progression after using so many of their phones over the years since the Droid Eris. The development doesn’t stop there, HTC also includes a new ImageChip to help deliver fast captures, high quality under hard conditions and quick review options for users.
ImageSense perks: Quick AF, f/2.0 lens, HDR support, Video Pic (capture stills during video), dropbox web storage
As seen in 2011, HTC has increased its effort into producing higher quality sound output from their devices. Beats by Dr. Dre Audio is now standard across the line allowing for more authentic sound reproduction in any of your apps. Those on Cyanogenmod might already notice this flaw in regular audio playback when using the DSP tools to fix their frequency balances on the phone. Sync manager allows for traditional management to continue on and it also includes a Music Hub to match with favorite services and applications.
HTC One X
- Polycarbonate unibody design
- Lightweight with rugged strength of metal
- (Assuming currently this means it’s laminated Polycarbonate)
- High Gloss Piano Black finish with matte back.
- Tegra 3 4-PLUS-1 quad core with battery saver core enabled
- 12 Core NVIDIA GPU
- 4.7″ 720p HD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- LTE Support
- LTE enabled Snapdragon S4 with up to 1.5GHz dual-core CPU’s
HTC One S
- Metal Unibody design
- 7.9mm thin
- Ultra-matte black ceramic metal finish (microarc oxidation formed)
- Anodized gradient finish
- 4.3″ screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with up to 1.5GHz dual-core CPU’s
HTC One V
- Aluminum unibody design
- Using the design from the HTC Legend
- Focus on broad market and casual features
- Improved camera and sound ability