WonderCon 2012 – Geek & Sundry Panel
Felicia Day is all over these days, at WonderCon she announces you’ll be able to catch her a little easier in weekly doses with her latest project Geek & Sundry. The project is simple, take a group of authors, friends and people they like and produce weekly installment shows that provide unique original content that they have their own interests for. The breakdown is simple and it spans a large range of fan topics they’ll cover in weekly web videos on YouTube.
- The Flog – Originally the title for Felicia’s blog, it now steps up as her show title where she explores new challenges and experiences to expand her mind and inspire others to do the same. The range goes from acrobatics in the sky to construction equipment, anything is on the table if it’s something she’s interested and driven for.
- Table Top – Wil Wheaton takes on gaming in table top form to expose fans to expand their minds with the world of Table Top, bridging stereotypes and misconceptions about the hobby and many of the games out there. Special guests will join in as they play out each title and add a lot of entertainment to the mix. Fiasco takes the stage in episode 1 of the show and each episode will run for a 30 minute span.
- Dark Horse Motion Comics – The next generation of the motion comic is here, Dark Horse will take classic franchises and convert them into new experiences for everyone to enjoy. The idea will be to motivate those out of the loop or entirely new into the world of comics once again and give them a taste of how technology can help shape stories as well. Forget what you know of current generation animation as they’re packing a next-gen experience for all.
- Sword and Laser – The podcast duo goes to video form, they’re working on face to face interviews while preserving the existing podcast, forums and features for their long time fans. Expect it to run every other week swapping places with Table Top. Regular podcasts and features will continue to run without interruption.
- Written by a Kid – Stories developed by children in interviews are passed over to directors and icons to help develop their projects into features. Mediums will vary but the idea will stay true to try to deliver the closest experience to the ideas as possible.
- Paul and Storm – few details available, the show will be a scripted musical variety though.
- The Guild Season 5 – The new season will be in a single handy and easy to find spot for everyone, expect fresh airings to follow here and a mass conversion of previous shows to the channel in a movie form so users don’t have to watch the intro for each show. Gag reels and annotations will follow to make the whole experience new again for fans.
The big goal is to inspire others to do more and take those extra steps to enrich their lives in ways they didn’t think they could. Shows will carry a PG-13 rating with bleeping to control anything too harsh from passing through to viewers. While an experiment, Felicia hopes that a high return on subscribers and supporters will allow this project to become a regular web channel for future installments, season 2 will be in the hands of the people to make it or break it.
Current airing schedule:
- Monday – The Flog (also Dark Horse Motion Comics)
- Tuesday – The Guild (also Dark Horse Motion Comics)
- Wednesday – Dark Horse Motion Comics
- Thursday – Behind the Scenes
- Friday – Table Top and Sword and Laser alternating viewing weeks
Also if you haven’t seen it yet, check out the YouTube teaser below. Geek & Sundry Launches April 2, 2012 on YouTube.